Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Satellite
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2017, 10:10 PM   #25
Joe-FL

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 37GT
State: Florida
THOR #5246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laco View Post
Guess it depends on how simple you want to keep it. In my case, I have the Winegard direct TV satellite traveler, which is roof mounted, push one button once you are parked, it auto finds the three satellites required for HD, locks on, and its good to go. When leaving, again, push one button, it self parks on the roof and you are ready to roll.
X2. Several years ago when we first went full time with a fiver we decided we wanted (1) HD (2) find satellites automatically (3) easy set up/take down (4) no chance of theft. A few months ago we had our third Winegard Travler Direct-TV installed on the roof. Yes they are pricey, but so is buying and traveling in an RV. Like Laco stated, pull in to a site, push a button and within minutes you have all three signals locked in. Time to break camp, push a button and it stows itself in about a minute. We only bring one DVR box from home but we could have had it wired and brought all three.

I think it just boils down to how much camping you do and what type of camping you do. We rarely stay in State Parks but we do travel in our RV 4 to 5 months a year. In the last 5 years we have never been in a CG where we could not get a clear signal.
US Army 70-73 Retired LEO
Joe-FL is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum