Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Inverter
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2015, 03:39 PM   #19
Gearhead

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 Challenger 37ND
State: North Carolina
THOR #1618
I have a 2015 Thor Challenger 37ND. It came with a Xantex Pro XM1800 Modified Sine Wave inverter with two house batteries. The first thing I did before we took delivery was to have the dealer add two additional batteries.

This inverter has a built in transfer switch and a remote monitor panel with an off/on switch. It automatically transfer when shore or generator power is available.

The only problem I see with this inverter is that it could do damage to the refrig. & other electronics. The first thing I did was contact Thor customer care to question the use of a Modified Sine Wave inverter to run the 110 volt Whirlpool refrigerator (Per Whirlpool this refrig. requires pure sine wave power), it has a motor that could be damaged with the use of modified sine wave power. Thor had no interest in correcting this issue. Hope for them there is no problems. I have a 7 year warranty.

We have left the refrigerator running for several days and the four batteries have not had any problems keeping up. It was well worth the effort to add the two additional batteries.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum