Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2017, 08:13 PM   #2
DenverTransplant

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.1
State: Colorado
THOR #5190
We experienced the same problem with a Dometic Refrigerator. We would find the "Check" light on at random intervals, particularly at 8000 ft plus. We'd also get the problem parked at home (6200 ft). Got the same story from the dealer when we took it in.

I ended up ordering a new spark element, but never installed it as I first tried cleaning the electrode with emery cloth and then reset the spark gap to the value in the manual. Problem seemed to go away for a trip to Tetons and Glacier. We traded the trailer shortly afterwards for a Class A that has a Dometic refrigerator. We were in RMNP at 8500 ft a couple of weeks ago and had no problems.

I think you can get a kit with a high altitude orifice, but then you may have a problem at low altitudes. I never got that far though.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum