Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2017, 12:06 AM   #18
gmc

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
OK... so its not an ideal setup... but to say it is hopeless is a bit extreme... and not likely buying a freightliner chassis is feasible...
I'm sure there are many Freedom Elite 23H's out there - and if they all drove like the OP is saying this one does - I think we would have heard a lot more.

So what would be causing the issue in the MH alone?
Once the MH drives acceptably, I'd expect the towing to be reasonable.

Weight distribution comes to mind... something wrong in the steering linkage (though was indicated that had been checked out).

What else would make this 23H handle worse than others?? (NOT comparing to other models that might be better configured..)

TyCreek gave a good list of things to check... Greg84 mentioned weighing... and I agree with Ty that I would remove the steerign stabilizer while figuring it out - it may help mask the problem to some extent... CErtainly add back in once its figured out.
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.