Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2015, 04:19 PM   #33
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
This is what I'm thinking the one-shot circuit would look like:

Note that the trigger input to the 555 is active low and thus an inverter is required. Here I'm using a FET (Q) for the inverter because its voltage triggered, not current (and shouldn't have any impact on the usage of the signal wire). The one I've found is here:
STQ3N45K3-AP STMicroelectronics | 497-10969-3-ND | DigiKey
According to my (dated 1984) Forrest Mims Radio Shack 555 book (yeah I have a few of these laying around! LOL) the 10M resistor & 1uf cap on pins 6 & 7 should result in a 10 second output pulse (10M * 0.01u = 10).
The 20k pullup on the trigger input is completely arbitrary as the FET can handle way more current than it will ever see in this circuit (regardless of that pullup's resistance).
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum