Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2017, 07:33 PM   #4
blw2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
Sorry, I don't know of anything not cloud based.

I know I have read some old school folks use an old discontinued software called Streets and Trips, or something like that. I think it was microsoft. Maybe you could find an old copy of that on ebay or someplace?
or do a search for mapping software.

I use google maps (my maps)
and set a thumbtack every place we sleep in the RV. Kindof a hobby for me to get it placed exactly on the spot so I can zoom in and see where it is. Usually do it with my phone and it's GPS to self locate. It's possible to really get thorough with it, adding pictures, routing, etc... but I keep it somewhat simple. The thumbtack, named with the name of the place, the date, the running total (i.e the 101st night in the RV, or whatever the sequence is), and I usually ad a little short sentence describing where we went that day, or a favorite site number, or whatever.

It's possible to download the data any time you want to save it locally, so maybe that's an option for you.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.