Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2017, 11:36 PM   #1761
16ACE27
Site Team

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtroop View Post
Well, today I did an unexpected mod. I ran down to Sam's Club to fill up the rig for our upcoming trip. Drove back home and parked in the center of the driveway to wash the rig with Meguiars Ultimate. I stepped out of the rig and.....BOOM!! The steps came crashing down onto the driveway. All four nuts came loose. I was only able to find 3 of the nuts and their washers on the driveway. Now these are lock nuts, the fact that it appears all of them ( or at least three, maybe there never was a fourth) came off at the same time is odd.

I went down to the hardware store and bought another lock nut and 4 lock washers. Using a bottle jack, I was able to position the step up to their corresponding lag bolts and torque all four nuts. I do not anticipate these nuts loosening up again, but will check them periodically. I'm not sure, but it appears Thor did not have the nuts very tight and may have left off the fourth nut. I'd advise all to check the nuts holding your steps up periodically.

I think that's called a repair; not a mod (unless the mod is adding the fourth nut)

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.