Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2015, 09:55 AM   #11
FW28z
Moderator Emeritus

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2011 Four Winds 28Z
State: Michigan
THOR #531
Also, when determining tow ratings, I believe Ford has a disclaimer in their typical literature that tow ratings assume flat terrain and moderate temperatures. So if you are in hills or hot weather, you may have to reduce the tow rating accordingly.

I have seen such disclaimer before in their consumer-fleet... whether or not their commercial fleet has the same disclaimer or not I have not checked. Perhaps they figure anyone buying commercial vehicles would know enough how to determine tow weight.

That sucks about the CR-V going to CVT. And that also means you cannot even dolly tow unless you do it with the 2WD CR-V.

The CR-V is one of the most popular tow vehicles - perhaps #2, behind the Jeep Wrangler, so I think Honda is potentially going to lose out on a few sales because of that.

The CR-V was always our backup plan if our Pontiac ever bites the dust... I guess we'll have to ensure we get an older one if that happens.

I had a CVT in our last car (2009 Maxima) but got rid of it for a 2014 Taurus which could be flat-towed. But then, the Pontiac became available (it's a long story), and we are towing it rather than the Taurus.

But, I never felt the CVT helped the gas mileage any. Performance maybe, but not mileage. Of course this is just a single example of my experience, so it might differ for others.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.