Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2015, 02:20 PM   #39
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by FW28z
If you are going to interface the system to the KiB, why not use one of the Arduino's analog I/Os for the lead going to the KiB monitor. Being analog, you can setup the output to be whatever voltage is required by changing values in the Arduino programming rather than having to swap out resistors.
The Arduino I'm using (ATMega328) only has A to D..not D to A.
Quote:
I also got to thinking, a better approach might be to simply rip out the entire KiB monitor circuit. If I recall, the KiB circuit board is simply attached via stand-offs to the backside of the monitor panel.
That is a possibility but one of my stated goals was to leave the panel as is--I want to be able to restore OEM functionality (This is mostly because I wasn't sure how well this would work and wanted a fall-back in case of failure LOL). In addition I was only really concerned with the black tank. Ripping out the KBB means making it work with everything (battery monitor, fresh water tank, grey, black).
Quote:
But with my next thought, I start to go overboard...
I agree: It is far too easy to go nuts with all of the hardware options available these days: Why not replace the panel with a color LCD touch screen and use a Raspberry Pi to monitor everything instead of an Arduino!

That is a cool case/panel!

Adding bluetooth wouldn't be that difficult and I already have a development environment for mobile (Android is much easier/less costly to develop for than iOS).

Lucky you being retired I'm still part of the working masses.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum