Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2015, 02:46 PM   #42
FW28z
Moderator Emeritus

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2011 Four Winds 28Z
State: Michigan
THOR #531
I located the RF tx/rx modules I used. I bought about half-dozen of them for around $5 per pair:

For that price, it's not worth engineering and building your own. They are 4 channel and each receiver channel is more or less TTL logic, and tracks the 4 channel state on the transmitter.

The TX module is on the left, and of course, you would extend the coiled up wire for the antenna. They operate in the 455mhz band, and have a 100~200ft range.

I was using these to do remote camera and flash unit control, in situations where I did not want to have to use an arduino board for each camera.

I can't find them on eBay anymore though. The TX part number is: TM1000-4 and the RX is RM4SGM. These are generic made-in-China stuff.

eBay does have a lot of similar tx/rx modules but are single channel encoded with a digital signal. This would require both tx and rx module to be interfaced to an arduino board to decode the transmit signal. It is doable, but a bit more involved is all.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum