Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2017, 03:22 AM   #3
axis earl

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: S.O.B.
State: California
THOR #3483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sunshine View Post

Welcome to the forum.

Adding a spare tire has been discussed and debated her thoroughly, easy to find with a search on the forum. In all the years and all the miles in various RVs, I have never needed a spare. I have changed out a few car tires over the years, but I won't be changing a tire on my RV. I don't want the extra weight and space the spare and necessary tools require. That's my reality. Yours may vary, depending on where and how you travel.

My personal experience with two separate blown tires on my previous coach was that it took 4 hours each time, and the price of the tire was exactly the same as the price of the tires from the tire shop where I replaced the remaining 4 tires. And yes, I shopped around for the best deal on those 4.

You'll find folks on this forum that feel strongly that a mounted spare is a must. This forum has been a great place to disagree in a friendly way!
Yes, agree. To each his own... to spare or not to spare, that is the question....

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.