Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2017, 04:23 AM   #1
TyCreek

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.2
State: Idaho
THOR #1944
5 days on factory batteries with power to spare

We just spent 5 days at about 7000' elevation and discovered the generator wouldn't start/run with error code 36 (runs fine at lower elevation). The good news is that the batteries took care of all our typical needs like running the heater in the morning and some fan time in the afternoon etc... my installing a digital battery gauge the day we left was perfect timing! Voltage read 12.4 at the lowest observation on the last day running the heater however it was 12.5 a little later. We didn't conserve power and just did our normal thing figuring we'd take off early if batteries ever dropped to 12.2V (~50%). The key note here is that the Harris or whatever batteries are now well into their 3rd season of use and still provide what I'd consider very good usable power.

Imagine an Axis as the largest rig in the area (many miles) ... mostly tents and a few teardrop types or scamp/casita small trailers. Got a nice creekside spot where the trail system was by walking on the down trees.

I've never experienced an elevation issue with a previous generator. Has me wondering what the issue might be? Oh ... and of course I messed with the generator for most of the first day, so the batteries started off the week with a lot of cranking duty!

Anyway ... the Axis 24.2 is still our favorite cabin on wheels to date.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RXV00335.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	274.9 KB
ID:	5870   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6304.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	588.2 KB
ID:	5871  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01987.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	390.1 KB
ID:	5872   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6301.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	202.9 KB
ID:	5873  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum