Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Hello World.
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2017, 05:07 AM   #1
joshuawray17

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Compass 23TR
State: South Dakota
THOR #8380
Hello World.

I picked up my used (new to me) 2016 Thor Compass 23TR just yesterday (Saturday) and brought it to my apartment.

I've been cleaning like an OCD neat-freak... because, I am one.

I've been making little 'discoveries' as I clean the coach where the previous owners were not very kind with the RV. The amount of grit on the floor, the broken bed slats, the crud that was left in the black water tank, and just general abuse that they incurred in the 10,628 miles that they used it for was quite remarkable.

Thus far I've:
-Installed a Camco Cyclone Plumbing Vent
-Washed the seating cushion covers
-Furniture polished the majority of the coach (bed and bath yet to go)
-Found that the fridge (Norcold) doesn't do anything on LP when the outside temps are 105 F
-Found that the chassis A/C seems much better at cooling the coach than the Dometic.
-Cleaned the basement storage on passenger and back.
cleaned under the jacknife sofa.
-Figured out most of the Jensen system
-Figured out that the slide doesn't move (in or out) with the engine running.
-Found out that it takes about three hours on the generator to cool the coach out with the A/C when it's so hot out.

Any suggestions on the 'hot' fridge? It was about 75 F in the fridge after running the A/C for that long.

Also I need to replace or reattach the saggy sunroof surround - SSS.

Also need to deal with a slitting drawer face, broken bed slats, detached ceiling/wall moulding panel in the bedroom, driver's side.

More to come.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum