Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2017, 12:52 PM   #8
TyCreek

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.2
State: Idaho
THOR #1944
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Here is a long posting about code 36 but it appears that there is an altitude adjustment you can do (mess with the jet):
Onan Code 36 -Solved! - General - RVAmerica.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
I don't know which generator you have but you may have an altitude adjustment to compensate for the higher elevation. Pull the cover off the generator and look at the carburetor for a yellow sticker and black knob. If it's there is an adjustment try moving it, replace the cover, hold the stop button for about 30 seconds and then try starting the generator again. Here is a picture of what the adjustment looks like.

Attachment 5874
thanks ...
Yes, there's an altitude trim on my generator and setting it to max didn't help.
Code 36 seems to be indicative of a fuel problem however the plug had fuel on it when I pulled it and tried a new plug, also opened that drain screw below the trim knob to see fuel pour out (shortened story). Seemed like it wasn't getting spark because the sound was no different with plug connected or disconnected.

The odd thing is that it started and ran fine loaded and unloaded once we got back to the house. All seems normal and 7000' isn't too crazy high elevation however I noticed it's above the value printed on the trim knob.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.