Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2017, 02:42 PM   #8
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
This is one I've been wondering about. I'm assuming at the gas stations like Loves on the truck side they only have diesel, right? When I've been in my sister's 40' DP, of course that's where we've gotten gas, but what about in a Vegas towing a car?

Do you just pull up to the standard pumps and try and find one of the banks you can easily pull into and out of? As I wait for my Vegas, I now find myself looking at each gas station that I pull into thinking about how easy it would be to pull in and then out with an RV and toad.
Check via street view or via the web. Some also provide gas at those truck fuel up spots.

Keep in mind, too, that an Axis/Vegas unit is just a big van. I've been able to stop at a "normal" car spot for fuel, even when I'm pulling a toad--still have to be careful there (possibly more so since it is a tighter squeeze and you may have to wait until someone moves out of your way).
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum