Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2017, 03:24 PM   #1
davepetroski

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor ACE 30.2 Bunkhouse
State: Nevada
THOR #5275
Smile AC installed in ACE bedroom

So I ordered a Coleman 13.5 PS and installed it in the bedroom of my 30.2. Getting the wiring in was a bear but its done now and I'm thrilled to have it. I ran the power (10-2) concealed to a boat style receptacle next to the generator. Now while at a campground we can use it for extra cooling or electric heat in the winter months. I know the existing generator cannot power both however we have a small Honda 2000 that I can bring along as required. Most of the time we will have shore power to use. I really wish Thor would have pre-wired the bedroom for an AC. Seriously how hard could that be during manufacture??

It was 110 degrees this weekend and we didn't want to struggle in the heat lifting it up on the roof. I backed the RV up to the house and just carried it out the window of the house onto the RV. It wasn't too difficult once the sun went down. We tried during the day with a ladder but the sun quickly heated up both the ladder and the AC cover from the heat. My neighbors probably think i'm crazy but hey it got the job done.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RV-Roof.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	148.2 KB
ID:	5882   Click image for larger version

Name:	RV-Square.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	5883  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum