Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2017, 05:59 PM   #13
TyCreek

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.2
State: Idaho
THOR #1944
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
Still, I like campgrounds that allow or encourage tent camping; except when wildlife makes it too dangerous.
Funny ... we were talking about how ultra safe we were with the bears in the area and all the tent campers! We keep a tidy camp to minimize risk for damage critters can cause. Sort of like all you have to do is run a little faster than the other guy ... keep your sight cleaner than the next camp so it's less inviting. Very simple, food and trash should never be left outside. It is always those folk next to us with food and trash out that we see experience wildlife in or as a dangerous setting.

That fox was big and the others around us thought they saw a wolf or coyote because of size. I was snoozing in a chair when I opened an eye to see him trotting down the road and into a next camp site. I got the camera and took off after him to get that picture as he avoided me. Didn't get to see a bear though some reported one up a hiking trail not far away. The forest service had many signs warning about bears in the area.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum