Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2017, 08:06 PM   #8
ArrrV

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 ACE 30.2
State: Florida
THOR #1287
Pigtail splitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepetroski View Post
My mistake the wire was 10-3. Green, White and Black. The manual online I read suggested 10 gauge and the Home Cheapo cost was similar so I bought the lower resistance. I wanted to use this wire to allow powering the heating element as well. Having the electric heater should save propane in the winter months.

As for routing the wire I drilled a hole in the drivers side of the steel structure that holds the fan. This allowed access to the adjacent Styrofoam duct that runs the length of the coach. The back of the ACE has a panel attached with 6 screws that when removed exposes the camera and other wiring. Using a long drill from Home depot I was able to make a hole in the 2 by 4 at the end of the cooling duct. This got the wire to the very back of the coach where the camera wire, etc is. There is a channel in the back wall that runs to the RV floor that was very easy to route.

Now I need to purchase a pigtail splitter that allows 50 amp to 30/20 amp connections. Just in case the campground wire pedistal doesn't have a normal plug next to the 30/50 amp.

Here's the splitter I bought on Amazon to power my added A/C. It works great.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum