Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Leaking Slide
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2017, 12:49 AM   #5
Miramar Owner

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 34.4
State: Iowa
THOR #4488
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov View Post
You might want to check the wipe seals outside to make sure they overlap and also check the interior bulb seals.

I had a small amount of rain penetrate the wipes when the rainfall could be measured in buckets per hour rather than inches per hour.

Also, after a rain when I retract the slides there may be a small amount of rain that gets in by just be on top of the slide.

As a note, when you extend the slides check the wipe seals outside to make sure they are positioned correctly. Sometimes. not often, one or two of mine may be rolled to the inside and I have to bring the seal out to make proper contact with the slide wall.
The funny thing is I've never had a problem when the slides are out. It was hard to track the leak because there is not much room above the slide when it is in to stick your head. I used an extremely bight light and looked from the end above the slide. I could see what looked like a small amount of water by the seal so I rolled up a paper towel and could just reach the area and ran the towel along the rubber seal to see if it got wet. The end of the paper towel was wet. The water ran over the side of the slide to the slide rail, ran the length of the rail and dropped down to the floor. Do you check the seals on the outside with the slide out?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum