Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2017, 02:31 PM   #1832
SuperD

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Another morning project before it gets HOT!!! I installed Relectix in the back window of the coach. The back of the coach faces east and by 10:00 the back window is so hot you can't touch it, plus Myra wanted a darker bedroom, so installed the Reflectix in two pieces and used foil tape to hold it in place. Bedroom is really dark now and at 9:00 I couldn't feel any heat at all. (No pictures, sorry)

Second project was installing a damper vent in the the bedroom, a couple of members said it gets to hot with the heater running.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2144.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	177.0 KB
ID:	5925

Good thing I decided to do this before running the heater. I had to remove the return air cover under the refrigerator and this is what I found.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2143.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	122.5 KB
ID:	5926

The hose clamp for the vent hose was on the hose but not tight at all. Whoever installed this pushed the hose on the outlet but never bothered to tighten the clamp. After saying several unprintable words about the IQ of the installer (probably less than 10) I installed the hose and clamp and made sure it was tight. While I was under there I checked all the hoses and clamps, found one more loose but still on the outlet. If you have the time I suggest you pull the cover and check yours!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum