Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Leaking Slide
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2017, 02:48 PM   #8
Miramar Owner

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 34.4
State: Iowa
THOR #4488
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov View Post
With the slide extended check the bulb seals that run around the exterior surface of the slide. On my coach they did not do a good job of cutting the angles on the seal and they were not making contact at the corners. Also, if the seal is too short the side (vertical) pieces will tend to slide down in the groove leaving a gap on the top. A little dab of silicone sealant in the track will keep the seals from dropping in the track. These are the seals to look at real close if your leak is happening when the slides are retracted.
This morning I checked the bulb seals and they look good. However, the flap seal that runs across the top was folded inward on half of the seal. The other slide, the one that doesn't leak, they are folded out (away from coach). I assume those should always be folding out and simply slide as the slide retracts. Due to the width of those I don't think they are ever supposed to flip inward. I do remember hearing a loud pop a few weeks ago when bringing in the slide. That is probably when the rubber flap flipped inward. Any thoughts? I have a call into the dealer to see if they have any knowledge on this and I'll post when I find out..

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum