Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Leaking Slide
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2017, 06:34 PM   #14
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miramar Owner View Post

.....cut..... I'm not getting a lot of water in the coach...maybe 2 or 3 cups worth, but more than I want.

......cut.....
That seems like a huge amount; and you are smart in addressing it quickly. My sister loss a very nice 5er that wasn't that old due to water leaks over time.

Slides sometimes leak and cause damage without owners even being aware of the leak. I'm very sensitive to smell of mold and mildew, and literally could not visit in my sister's trailer months before they discovered or identified the problem, and by then it was too late. My wife could not even tell there was a problem, yet I could barely breathe when I went inside.

When we visit PPL in Houston, it seems obvious to me that a large number of used RVs of all kinds that are more than a few years old have water damage. In Florida and along Gulf Coast where it rains a lot I'd expect problem is more common. Personally, I would aim for no water at all.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.