Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: To cover or not
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2017, 07:53 PM   #5
gmc

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
For me - in addition to the debate over whether it helps - is the convenience factor of just being able to go start it up and go anytime - without wrestling a cover off and back on...
I want to do what I can to protect the 'investment' - but if it discourages use - kinda misses the mark.

I expect Jamie only covers for the long Michigan 'storage season'... and doesn't intend to use the rig for extended time...

In my case when in Michigan, we headed south mid winter. The thought of wrestling a cover off with snow/ice on it so I could head south was never appealing.. Was enough of a concern if I would be able to get out of the storage lot... (one time had to use the jacks to lift a side from the ice - get salt/boards down... then repeat on other side... a cover too would have been a mess...)

Now living in Florida, I'm much more likely to take it out at any point living in the south, so a cover I have to put on/off is even less attractive.

The RV car port to me is ideal - but expensive - and needs the space... I do have room at my current house in Florida - and deciding what I want to do... Right now it is shaded for a good part of the day - but certainly a carport would offer more protection...
(with Florida's hurricane construction requirements - likely more expensive to do here than in other parts of the country...)
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum