Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2017, 01:46 PM   #34
blw2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
I keep hoping Google will hit these threads with their robot and eventually realize that there are a lot of RV's and trucks on the road and therefore a demand to put these oversized vehicle features into their google maps on the phones especially....
Oh how frustrating it is to be told to make a U-Turn

I have found that because of experience, I generally can read a parking lot (gas station or whatever) pretty quickly and stay oout of too much trouble

I'm reminded though of a time, when i was towing a large gooseneck lab trailer (pretty much the same as a mid sized 5th wheel RV). Got around 3 sides of a hotel parking lot, thinking that like most with similar layouts that it would be possible drive all the way around, only to discover that there wasn't a 4th drivable side....and zero turn around room. I was by myself with nobody to wave traffic away.... no big deal, I got out ok. Thankfully I was pretty good at backing a trailer by that point in my life....

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum