Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2017, 09:20 PM   #4
tinman01

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37 GT
State: North Carolina
THOR #7843
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
Your drawing needs a revision to show 6-Volt batteries in series on the Trojans.

Are you sure about existing 6-Volt being only 75 Amp-hour? That's a very low battery rating for a 6-Volt.
Yes they are in series (I know I just noticed it myself, it's been a long day! LOL), but the top two trojans are in series (Pos to Neg) and the bottom two are in series (Pos to Neg) and the two Deka are in series (Pos to Neg), then all are in parallel (Pos to Pos and Neg to Neg). I don't actually have them hooked to the Deka's at this time, the Trojans are in the motorhome and hooked together but I didn't hook them to the coach yet, When I had my rig serviced they did something to my auto gen start and it quit working and I didn't want to add anything or change anything until they fixed their trouble first. (didn't want them blaming the new batteries!) so I'm waiting for it to come back from the shop before I hook them up, but they are in the coach and wired in series and parallel together just not to the Deka's yet.

That's when I came across the info about it not being a good thing to mix amp hour batteries, even though they are all flooded cells and thought I better check on it before hand.

What I heard was the charge controller will see the 75 amp hour batteries full and stop short of fully charging the 225's.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum