Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2015, 11:27 AM   #2
EA37TS
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Tom,

From research done in the past one of the first things you should determine is whether your endeavor into the buying and selling of crafts through the use of the RV will result in the rig being classified as a commercial vehicle. That designation alone could result in unwanted hassles such as vehicle registration, taxes and the requirement to stop at all commercial vehicle weight and inspection stations.

With that said most posts I have seen in the past have folks keeping the craft items separate from the RV when travelling. They generally use a truck or van to tow a trailer for the business end of things and keep the RV as a personal vehicle.

Last fall I talked to some rolling event planners at a campground in Nashville, TN and they informed me their rig (a diesel pusher with trailer) was classified commercial and the registration fees, taxes and upkeep of their rig ate a good portion of their annual revenue. They also had to travel with a second vehicle to get in and around after arriving at the job location because most places they worked were not RV friendly.

Sorry it was long but that is some insight based on research and discussions with others.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum