Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2017, 11:10 AM   #13
tinman01

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37 GT
State: North Carolina
THOR #7843
Different amp hour batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
Perhaps semantics, but if you have two batteries with different internal resistance such that one gets more current than the other, doesn't that mean faster charging -- everything else like charge voltage being the same?

An argument can be made that the battery with less resistance gets slightly higher current and therefore charges slightly faster. And if charging is interrupted prior to both batteries reaching 100% state of charge (say one at 70% and other at 60% as an example) then the two "should" equalize to a common voltage. Some "experts" claim this is inefficient, but I'm not sure it would be a deal breaker for me.

I would not discard a good battery (or two) just because it's a little different, unless they are so small that they don't contribute much anyway. That's why I'd confirm the capacity of the Dekas. Something doesn't seem right with the 75 A-hour rating.
The batteries are the Deka Promaster 75 amps @ 120 min

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum