Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2017, 12:18 PM   #12
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by laberj45 View Post

....cut....

The Lippert Schwintek 500/1 electric motor system works as it should. It is the responsibility of the RV manufacturer, Thor in our case, to choose the appropriate motor system for the slide. The Schwintek system was a cheaper and lighter alternative to other slide motoring mechanisms. A different system or slide configuration would likely remedy the problem. I have seen alot of short term fixes - that become long term headaches (often times after warranty). The system will fail.

....cut.....
I'm not sure if you are suggesting that the Schwintek system can be replaced with another type in order to "fix" the problem, but if so, I'd say that's not practical. It'd be easier and less cost to replace the motorhome. The problem is that Schwintek slides are structurally very different (just an opinion based on engineering experience).

There may be drastic options to remedy the problem permanently, but going back to an older hydraulic system (or whatever) doesn't sound like a viable solution to me.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum