Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2017, 09:04 PM   #5
vkb

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauserdude67 View Post
Wow! What a drive. I just traced that out on Google Maps and I think I'll need some Dramamine just to handle all of the curves! Thank you for the suggestion!

I haven't ever been to the Four Corners area, but I've always wanted to see Mesa Verde, Chaco Canyon, Canyon de Chelly, etc. As for Northern New Mexico, that is basically the playground for our region. I've been all over the Enchanted Circle since I can even remember. It is a beautiful area only about 5 hours from home and is truly one of my favorite places on Earth. We took the Axis on its maiden voyage up to Red River just last June and thoroughly enjoyed it. We go to Taos whenever we are in the area. My wife is enjoying a little personal time in Santa Fe right now. Thank you for the suggestions.
Awesome ! If you get to the 4 Corners area..while in Utah/AZ be sure to drive Monument Valley ! However, you will not be disappointed in any of Utah...I could go on and on.
I have not been to Chaco Canyon since I was young...my folks were NM adventurers...we covered the State and I am so thankful for that. I have family in Rio Rancho and we are planning on doing Chaco next summer if not sooner. I have read that the roads into Chaco can be tricky and not well maintained. We are thinking of renting a jeep.
Have not been to Bandelier for many years....since before the forest fire made a mess of it. I have heard that access to the cliff houses is restricted now...when I was a kid, we climbed all over Bandelier...great memories...
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.