Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2017, 09:22 PM   #6
Mauserdude67

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Texas
THOR #6698
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkb View Post
Awesome ! If you get to the 4 Corners area..while in Utah/AZ be sure to drive Monument Valley ! However, you will not be disappointed in any of Utah...I could go on and on.
I have not been to Chaco Canyon since I was young...my folks were NM adventurers...we covered the State and I am so thankful for that. I have family in Rio Rancho and we are planning on doing Chaco next summer if not sooner. I have read that the roads into Chaco can be tricky and not well maintained. We are thinking of renting a jeep.
Have not been to Bandelier for many years....since before the forest fire made a mess of it. I have heard that access to the cliff houses is restricted now...when I was a kid, we climbed all over Bandelier...great memories...
It's been a while since I've been back in Bandelier, too. Haven't done much around the Valles Calderas area but would love to. Maybe the wife and I can take our 4Runner and go exploring some time. As far as doing anything west of there, I flew out to St. George, UT recently and drove a new company truck back for my job. It was the first time I've ever been in that part of the country and I must say that I was thrilled to see it.
I'll be heading up 550 from Bernalillo up to Cortez. I've never been through there, either, but I am excited to see the countryside.
My mother says that I used to be the most annoying child to be stuck in a car with, until we got into the mountains. At that point I was just stare out the windows in awe and enjoy the scenery. I'm pretty much still like that.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum