Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2015, 05:28 PM   #7
Beacher

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34E
State: California
THOR #937
I stayed at a KOA in Chula Vista, California while a converted motorhome was setup right next door. They sold everything from dreamcatchers to homemade jewelry and dog collars. At check-in the lady asked if I would mind, due to all the traffic and noise that they might generate. I was there from Friday afternoon to Sunday morning, and only some pre-teen kids on bicycles stopped there! No more traffic or noise than a normal stay!

I spoke to the owner and he and his wife were retired and did this as they traveled the country for extra cash. His coach was painted with the business name, and the passenger side was heavily modified into a counter and display case. It did require a Class-A commercial driver's license, business permits for every city they conducted business in, and insurance.

On the other side of the coin, I used to be involved with racing air-cooled Volkswagens, (don't laugh too hard, it's a thing). I had a friend to who traveled the country to all the various VW car shows and races, (stop laughing so hard, it really happens). He specialized in amber taillights for old bugs, microbuses, Karmann Ghias, and he also sold gages, switches, and repair manuals. He towed everything in a trailer, and would pull it with his Class-C. The trailer was unmarked but painted nicely on the exterior, with nothing indicating it wasn't just towing ATVs.

At the shows he would put up professional banners, tables, lighting. He combined fulltiming with car shows, but was very careful NOT to incur any commercial vehicle regulations.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum