Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2017, 12:44 AM   #32
laberj45

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Massachusetts
THOR #4636
2017 Miramar 34.3 slide malfunction

Dave,

"Revoked acceptance" is the proper term I suppose...... We really haven't relinquished ownership. Not really sure who owns the RV right now from a technical point of view as we have been in litigation for 5 months now. I suppose the financial institution owns it.

We were just trying to get the darned thing fixed - and agreed to send it to Thor for a 4th fix. Mind you, there were many other things wrong with the RV. But we are experienced RVers and knew that many small things go wrong (that is usually what happens with a new RV). Usually things are fixed after a visit or two back to the dealer.

Our issue with the slide drift and motor malfunctions was a "major issue". When it came back from Thor still broken - we refused to let the dealer access the boxes and "grind them down" as they proposed for a 5th fix attempt. So we "revoked acceptance" through an attorney. We have no sort of authorization to do anything to it (surely not sell it) until our issue is resolved.

Thor has negotiated. But after our full wall slide fiasco, would you feel confident putting $153,000 into the same system that failed so miserably? It slides out when we drive - and can't be fixed.... While I won't comment on exact offers, but some were outrageously unfair.

So I guess when I say, "relinquished ownership" - it means that we don't have an RV, and are sitting in our living room this summer with 3 teenagers that soon will not want to camp with us any more...... Our issue is not resolved, we have hired an attorney and are truly upset at how the dealership sold us ill manufactured RV and how Thor has failed to repair - despite our reasonable efforts.

Hope this clarifies it, and thanks for asking. I really do wish we were not in this situation! Today would have been an awesome camping day on the Cape Cod Canal..... Happy Camping Dave.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum