Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2017, 03:37 AM   #3
SuperD

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
There are several members with 29M coaches who love them, us included!!! My wife prefers the Class A because of the passenger room, desk, and reclining seat, I prefer it because I like the drive.

In my opinion Ford overpowers the steering, but you get used to it. There are several mods you can make to improve the ride and handling, chf (cheap handling fix) is one of them.

I would not buy a coach without the 50 amp dual AC option!!! Many members complain about needing a second AC, adding one is doable but it is a pain and when dry camping the smaller generator will only run one, and it isn't enough in hot weather. In Texas, due to the heat, our dealer always orders coaches with the second AC if it's an option.

The mattress is thin and hard but a 4" foam topper fixed that. Other items are more personal preference. I would also add a hardwired surge protector to protect the coach. For more ideas on mods you can make go to the Modifications and updates section, Jerry's Hurricane mods, there are lots of ideas for great mods to a Windsport/Hurricane!

Many members tow Jeeps without any problems, proper setup is the key.

Our previous coach was a Thor Tuscany 40' DP we had to sell due to storage problems. We are very happy with our choice, would we buy the same coach again, absolutely we would!

Hope this helps, good luck in your search and decision!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum