Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Leaking Slide
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2017, 06:24 PM   #23
Miramar Owner

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 34.4
State: Iowa
THOR #4488
Slide Leak Update

After spending most of a week tracking down a slide leak I finally think I have fixed it.

The initial problem was discovered when parked at a tilt (slide side up hill) with the slides in. We experienced quite a storm. I traced that issue to a bulb slide that had slid down on one side of the slide. I pulled it back up and calked it in place (as suggested on this form). I also turned the slide bolts in one half turn allowing it to tighten more when retracted.

All of that solved the leaking from the top of the slide but I still had water leaking on the floor when the slide was pulled in. I opened the slide about 4 inches and looking underneath saw water dripping from the screws. It seems the facia trim that goes all the way around the slide has NO calking on the bottom piece. This allows the water to run down the face of the slide, seep through trim and leak on top of the bulb seal inside the slide. This obviously leaked all the time but only was noticeable when the slide was in.

I have calked along the top edge of the bottom facia trim and after it dries I will test. Keep you posted.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum