Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2017, 04:42 AM   #54
laberj45

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Massachusetts
THOR #4636
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
There are no non-slide Axis to date, and was told by Thor they don't have present plans to introduce one.

I contacted Thor on three different occasions to see if I could special order an Axis 24.1 without the front slide (living/kitchen area would be like your 25.2 which doesn't have a slide) and was told no. The third time was my final attempt, so I've moved on. It's their business and their choice to build whatever they want, and it's my choice to pass on an RV I don't really want.
If I were an RV manufacturer....... I would simplify the slide mechanism and add a manual option. Slides got too big and weighty - and people are left with gigantic slide motoring issues - which can turn into ugly lawsuits like mine.

Lets go back to basics and simplify these thing. Don't make them so long, and add a manual mechanism where the customer can crank it in/out.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum