Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2015, 09:53 PM   #5
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by groswald
It's interesting that we don't have outside radios, electric steps, solar panels, docking lights, or jacks. Obviously a component reused from a higher-end model!

One wonders if those fuses are "hot" and used for something else or dead and available to be used for other things?

Randy
Well despite it saying "RV Custom Products" the board is far from custom. Here you can buy one (including the case) on eBay:
RV camper motorhome Motor Coach Bus 50A Battery Control Center RV 2050 FW221 | eBay
Even better someone uploaded the manual for the thing! (See attached). Have to love the internet! (That document is for revision B..I can't see what revision my board is from the photo--there is a wire blocking it. I would imagine that ours is newer given the document is 7 years old)

Wow that document has a circuit diagram, block diagram, and theory of operation! Jackpot!

From the looks of it, though, the Axis doesn't make use of the Chassis battery disconnect feature on that board (Fuse 44 is missing and a bunch of wires aren't populated on connector P15).
There is a good description in there of what happens when the coach battery is disconnected and you start the engine and/or genny or connect to shore power.
Looks like whomever scanned that document in was trying to point out an issue for someone (all the handwriting on it).

I wonder if Thor would send us a copy of the document for the circuit board in our coach if we asked?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf RV custom products.pdf (414.6 KB, 783 views)
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.