Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2017, 09:05 PM   #5
blw2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
Just passed through ABQ to & from Grand Canyon but route slightly different. Guessing you'll take I-40. I can report from Memphis Westward....

We stayed at the Little Rock Camping World. They have power on the East side of the building...

Stayed at Roadrunner RV park in OK City

Plenty of room at the Riverwalk parking lot adjacent to Bass Pro Shops in OK City to walk around there, dinner, etc...

The Big Texan Steak Ranch in Amarillo was....um, well the kids enjoyed it. It was touristy and tacky but fun.

The "Amarillo Travel Information Center" allows overnight parking and was clean and seemed nice, although we didn't stay there...I-40 at Airport Road

There is an RV Museum in Amarillo. It's at an RV dealership there in town. Had to park on the side of the busy access road with NO shoulder, but I wasn't the only one and they said folks do it all the time. Surprisingly good collection of old rv's. Free and worth an hour or so.

Stayed at the WalMart in Canyon TX, just South of Amarillo.

Palo Duro Canyon is definitely worth a stop. If we knew about it we definitely would have reserved a spot and planned for more than just an overnight. really nice park, and DW would go back just for it.

New Mexico welcome center was nice enough as rest stops go

Sandia Crest Tram in ABQ was expensive but good. If you go there, be aware that Tramway BLVD, which is a major thoroughfare along the East side of ABQ has no truck signs AFTER you get on it....so you have no choice but to continue to the next light to turn off an find a long way around.

We stayed at the Cracker Barrel in ABQ 1 night.

Nuclear Science museum in ABQ was fairly good. Nice collection of stuff.

Stayed at American RV Resort just West of ABQ

and we stayed 1 night at Sams Club up in Santa Fe

I don't know where exactly the balloon festival is, but looks like it's October. Should be a great time of the year there!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.