Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2017, 01:34 AM   #15
ArrrV

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 ACE 30.2
State: Florida
THOR #1287
3 Trax, or 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
I agree there is a design flaw with these whole side slide-outs. We are experiencing some of the same problems everyone else seems to be having. When we had our repair shop look at it the technician said these type of slide-outs should be hydraulic instead of electric and the gear is made out of steel while the rail is aluminum. He stated they have been working on quite a few of these the last couple of years. We are suppose to go camping this weekend, but are not sure if we'll get caught where the slide-out doesn't want to retract enough to drive. Also, the repair could take 2-3 days. With the overall number of issues I've read about with Thor units I'd be embarrassed to say I work for Thor.
Scott
Is yours a 2 Trax system? Thor switched to 3 Trax system during the 2015 model year; you might want to retrofit to 3 Trax to avoid a repeat of your wear issue. Ideally should have Thor factory or Lippert factory perform the retrofit, but others on this forum have had it done successfully by experienced RV facilities.We have the 2015 30.2 with 3 Trax and I am on the watch for wear issues. Like you, we have extended service contract as I was concerned about the full wall slide, and the levelers. Keep us posted. Good luck

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum