Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2017, 06:50 AM   #16
laberj45

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Massachusetts
THOR #4636
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin' Texans View Post
Attachment 5979
I've been using this on my Schwintech gears, track, rollers, along with anything else on my 5er that moves & no problems. I use it on my slides regularly & it's about a third of the price of the CRC brand they show on the video, I purchase it Wal-Mart & have 2 or cans on hand at all times.
As for the gap you pictured it appears you need to sync the motors, extend the slide 3 - 4" then retract til it's in holding the button for 5 seconds & repeat this 4 - 5 times, this is the procedure the factory service team showed me when mine came in at an angle leaving a 1 - 1 1/2" gap on one side.
The service techs also recommended using Pledge furniture polish on all the rubber seals throughout the rv. Personally I use the imitation Pledge from the dollar store & works just as well.
NOPE..... I appreciate you weighing in. But trust me, we tried everything. I even sent it back to Thor in Dec for them to diagnose it and repair it (over 1800 miles at their expense and 2 months work) as a 4th repair attempt.

The last diagnosis from a Thor technician in CT in Feb was that the boxes (accessed from underneath the slide) was puting pressure on the slide and needed to be removed and grinded down. At thispoint, I had enough "arts and crafts" on our new unfixable Miramar full wall slide. IT WAS DEFECTIVE AND I BELIEVE TO BE JUST OVERWEIGHT!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum