Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Thor ACE 30.2
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2015, 03:37 PM   #5
ArrrV

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 ACE 30.2
State: Florida
THOR #1287
We own a 30.2 bunkhouse...

Picked ours up a few days before Christmas. We LOVE the floorplan, and in October Thor made several improvements to the fixtures that make it even better. Packs the most punch for a unit under 32 feet. Have had no issues with the slide, but do not like the angled toilet sewer line, as RV TP tends to just sit and build up at the bottom. Solution is to keep a watch on it.
Only major issues are that dash A/C cycled on and off from day one, HDMI cable defective, and may need to insulate cap. Count on adding some steering aids (Safety Plus or similar, rear track bar or similar) as with so many people you may be carrying more weight than other owners and these devices really help make the unit more comfortablen to drive--seeing as how you are driving a house down the highway!!! As an engineer I kept a detailed list of warranty repair items, kind of disappointed that our list was so long-- most are small and cosmetic (sagging trim, shower leak, reset doorstops, TV splitter issue, etc). To the best of my knowledge, Thor has agreed to all the requested repairs; we are scheduled to get the remaining repairs completed in two weeks. By the way, I had similar issues on my first new coach (Fleetwood), so while I feel that Thor QC needs improvement, Fleetwood was not significantly better.
Our first trip out we had 4 kids (8,two 11 year old's, and a 13 year old) as well as our ginormous dog. We had plenty of room and did not feel crowded. We added some mods to make our life easier, and overall are happy. Looking forward to our three week trip this summer!!!!
Look around for the features you want (option list is very short), pricing is flexible, and make sure you have access to a good authorized service facility. Good luck.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum