Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2017, 11:59 AM   #40
kwilliams

Model: Miramar
State: Arkansas
THOR #5754
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmc View Post
This sounds promising - and affordable...

Downside is I already use the OBD2 connector for engine scanning - but in looking at the adapters - am I correct that this is only drawing 12v power from the connector??
(pin 16 = 12v positive; pin 4 = chassis ground)

Seems I could just get this for less than $3 and wire up 12v to it...
16-Pin OBD 2 OBDII Female Connector Socket Adapter w/ Pins | eBay
(Could also get an OBD2 splitter for less the $10 - but the idea of being able to use away from vehicle is good too...)

Seeing this note in manual makes me think one other (at least) connection is needed:
"Note: Once the vehicle’s engine has been off for half an hour, the
ZTE Mobley Mobile Hotspot will disconnect and enter Sleep mode."

Though appears there is also a setting for how long till it shuts down - but can't tell if 'unlimited' is a choice...

Am I missing something else??

As I replied to ZTE who are clueless, this is the fix for accessing advanced features bracketed below by the asterisks. The additional thread is information only.

ZTE: As hundreds of other buyers have encountered this same issue of not having access to the advanced setup, I would suggest you place this 'answer' in your FAQ.

Answer: To gain access to the advanced features so that you can change out the timeout feature as well other features, access the below URL from a laptop. If accessing from a mobile device, such as iPad, iPhone or Android - you must delete the /m on the URL line.

http://attwifimanager/m/index.html#/login

Access to the attwifimanager for mobile devices will authenticate the user to an interface without the advanced features unless the /m is deleted. Apparently, there's a wifi manager for basic and a wifi manager interface with advanced features. Below, will prove the ability to change timeout in the advanced drop down within wifi manager setup.

http://attwifimanager/index.html#login

On Wed, Jul 26, 2017 at 4:40 AM <Mobile@zte.com.cn> wrote:

Dear Valued ZTE Customer,

We deeply feel sorry for the issues you are facing with the device

If you wish you may reset the phone

Before you try the factory reset or hard reset on your device, make sure that you have backup your important files.

Restoring the default settings or factory reset your device will delete all your existing files and will go back to its initial state.

Factory Reset:

>>> On your device touch on Home.
>>> Go to Apps, then Settings.
>>> Select on Backup and reset.
>>> Choose Factory data reset.
>>> Touch on Reset phone. If you also want to remove all data saved to an installed micro SD, just tick the Erase SD card check box before touching Reset phone.
>>> And lastly touch on Erase everything and just follow the prompt to complete the factory reset.
Follow the on screen instructions to set up your phone again after the reset.

Best Regards!

Ken Williams <i.ken.williams@gmail.com>
07/26/2017 12:03 PM

To
Mobile@zte.com.cn
cc
Subject
Re:n

Without RL firmware update, it is useless as it shuts off in less than an hour.

Is this common?

Ken

On Tue, Jul 25, 2017 at 10:46 PM <Mobile@zte.com.cn> wrote:

Thanks for contacting ZTE.

We would like to inform you that, we do not have any official word on an update for this device yet.

However if there is an update available for the device, we will be glad to provide you a notification for that on the phone.

To ensure proper handling, please continue to use the current subject line in your replies to emails.

Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best Regards!

Ken Williams <i.ken.williams@gmail.com>
07/26/2017 05:29 AM

To
Mobile@zte.com.cn
cc
Subject
Re:

Model is VM6200

Service provider: ATT

Date of purchase: July 24, 2017

Place of purchase: ATT.com

Thanks for the follow up,

Ken

On Tue, Jul 25, 2017 at 4:25 PM <Mobile@zte.com.cn> wrote:

Thanks for contacting ZTE. We are really sorry to hear about the issue with regards to the device,

We would kindly request you to provide us few details with regards to the issue.

1. Model number of the device.

2 Name of the service provider associated with the device.

3 Date of purchase.

4 Place of purchase.

To ensure proper handling, please continue to use the current subject line in your replies to emails.

Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best Regards!

USA User <noreply@zteusa.com>
07/26/2017 01:43 AM

Please respond to
Ikenwilliams@gmail.com

To
devicesupport <devicesupport@zteusa.com>
cc
Subject

E-mail: Ikenwilliams@gmail.com Subject:
Comment: I've just purchased a zte mobley; however manager access does not include advanced settings. I'm on the ATT network and need the latest firmware. When and how can I have the latest applied? Thanks, Ken

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum