Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2017, 03:48 PM   #14
tnedator

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.3 Sold
State: Arkansas
THOR #8012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb1911 View Post
So we should all just shut up and be happy with all the problems that came with our $100,000 motor home? A lot of us are first time owners, including me and were shocked with all the crappy design and workmanship that is only noticed once we bought it, brought it home and actually used it. Don't try to justify a whole industry pushing crap on the unsuspecting public. Remember the late '70s and early '80s American automobiles? They were pretty nice compared to the current RV industry.
Unfortunately, it is what it is. Whether's a "cheap" $100,000 RV or an expensive half million to million dollar RV, quality control is varying levels of crap.

It only takes about five minutes of research on the internet to know that. So, it's very unfortunate when people are blind sided by it, because it's much better if people know going in they are going to deal with anywhere from minor to major problems related to quality control.

Twice now I've researched Forest River models (because I like the semi local dealer) and both times within an hour or so the horror stories are so bad that I don't think I have the stomach to buy a Forest River. It makes the complaints on here look like the Thor's are perfect.

Every time I walk through Winnebago's on the lots, they are already falling apart with trim falling off, etc.

Everyone wishes it wasn't the case, but unfortunately the demo for RV's has massively expanded and they are selling them faster than they can, or should be, making them. There are no other manufacturers sitting out there to woo buyers away with quality (like Japan in the 70s/80s) and there is zero chance that there is going to be any massive boycot.

So, hopefully most people go in with their eyes open and know that if you buy a new coach, you WILL have problems, regardless of manufacturer. Some advocate buying used and letting someone else deal with warranty nightmares, but that also assumes they did actually deal with the issues and created a problem free coach, and didn't instead just let mold, dry rot and other new problems occur from unfixed leaks.

It is what it is.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum