Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2015, 04:35 AM   #11
FW28z
Moderator Emeritus

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2011 Four Winds 28Z
State: Michigan
THOR #531
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov View Post
I found the key for the storage compartment on my class C (had a third one laying around) are the same as for the new coach.
That's OK. If you lose your key, ask one of your RV neighbors to open the compartment for you.

Most RVs use a CH751 key for the storage compartments. This means your key will probably fit 99% of the RVs in existence.

You can buy differently keyed tumblers if you want, but that can get expensive.

Worse - my dealer told me that the door lock key is also the same for most RVs, but at least the deadbolt key is different. I have not confirmed this though, but that is a bit worrisome.

On the other hand...

not labeling the switches is a bit reminiscent of classic German automobiles, some of which have non-labelled switches. I once bought my son a 1985 Audi (I bought it cheap) for his high-school graduation present. The owner's manual was long-gone, and it was fun trying to discover what the several switches on the console did.

So perhaps they are using German styling in their RVs?

nah... it just costs less not labeling switches.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum