Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2017, 01:50 PM   #9
MoldyOldPeach

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 35.3
State: California
THOR #8546
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosticks View Post
Where is your electrical panel, you know the one with the fuses and circuit breakers. That unit is your "battery charger", aka Converter. It will be in plain view.

nosticks- Say, is that a play on "Gnostics"? Very clever if it is!

Yeah, I scooted my fat self under the bed to look at that yesterday.... because apparently it is really cool at Thor to put important electrical things under or attached to the bed, where they are nearly impossible to reach with the slide in.... which you can't move out if the batteries are dead.... and you can't get to the charger or breakers to see why the batteries are dead with the slide in. No cosmic train wreck of logic there, right?

Anyway, I was able to see (barely) the back of that AC breaker/DC fuse panel, and am certain it is merely a split bus distribution panel, or "load center" of sorts. There is no converter/charger integral to it.

I actually think the coach is too big for a combo unit, so the converter/charger must be separate, as a rather grainy photo in the Owners Manual leads me to believe..... so, back to the Under the Bed in the Least Accessible Part of the RV Theory.

Thanks for your help though!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum