Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2017, 04:09 PM   #36
sforl

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Axis
State: Mississippi
THOR #6203
I got a call yesterday from Thor inquiring about the poor rating I gave them on a customer satisfaction survey. I explained the issues I have and what appears to be a lack of quality control on their part. I also told them that much of my disappointment in my unit was related to the poor quality of work I received when I took my MH back to CW for repairs.
The rep agreed that there was a serious problem with the workmanship being done today and that the turn over for workers in the plant is horrific. Basically by the time they get someone trained they quit. It's a vicious cycle.
That same problem is prevelant with the dealerships across the country. Lack of knowledgeable people available to do quality work.
As others have mentioned, this problem exist across the spectrum. This doesn't bode well for us as owners. It doesn't look as though the problem is going to get better any time soon.
The most frustrating thing to me is that when you can't get basic repairs done from the dealership, where do you go from there? Taking my MH back to the factory every time some little something pops up is not an option.
Also I don't have a great deal of confidence in the people at the factory. When I had issues with my tankless hot water heater, I called Thor and their service MANAGER kept insisting I check the bypass valve when there is no bypass valve. Doesn't instill a great deal of confidence when the so called experts don't know what they're talking about.
At this point I get most if not all the help I need from the people on this forum. For the more serious issues I have I will either go back to the factory or look for a dealership with a better service reputation than the one where I purchased my coach.
Sorry for the long post!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.