Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2017, 07:22 PM   #40
DogLovers

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Tuscany 36 MQ
State: Indiana
THOR #6280
Thor produces low quality

My 2017 Synergy spent almost as much time back at the dealer as it did with me. First trip out of our driveway resulted in failed 120v, failed LP regulator, failed roof among dozens of smaller issues. General RV in Wayland Mich fixed "everything". So the second trip out of the home driveway resulted in failed 120v and me spending $442.99 to have the power switch replaced that General said was only lose wires causing too much resistance resulting in burned ends that they clipped and reattached to fix. Yep they really told me that. It failed the second time 1000 miles from home in South Dakota. I called the best most reputable repairman in that area and watched everything he did. He opened up the power switch box and it showed where General had clipped and put main power wires together with electrical tape. The door to the box was burned but not the wires that were taped proving General reassembled without replacing the switch and "after" a small fire. Of course they will deny it but I saw the proof myself. They put my family in jeopardy! I now have a new switch and wire assembly fixed safely and correctly. General also fixed the bath door handle that was coming off so naturally I now have to fix it again because it's still coming off. General also repaired for the third time the very poor radio reception on the cab and coach radios, both of which still have poor reception once you leave the driveway. The people at General RV are nice and polite but all that friendly service go's out the window when you have to deal with repeated repairs and dangerous shortcut fixes by a dealer. You have to call them out on this crap and make sure all future buyers are aware. It's the only way Thor will get better quality in their products. The plus side is this RV drives fantastic. I had no problems driving 500-700 miles a day. Great Mercedes chassis very comfortable on the road.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	My Synergy.png
Views:	110
Size:	485.5 KB
ID:	6101  
Traveling with Shih Tzu's Baily, Bella and Maltese Buster. Towing, Golf Cart, Harley or Polaris RZR. 3 of our darling Shih Tzu's passed away recently and I just can't take them off of here. RIP Baxter, Baili & sweet sweet Bella. Buster is our little rock.
DogLovers is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum