Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2017, 05:51 PM   #4
fred93

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: North Carolina
THOR #8568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tfryman View Post
Did you read the review for this item?

"WARNING! DO NOT BUY THIS IF YOU HAVE A STANDARD 50AMP RV PANEL IN YOUR RV!!! The two hots being bridged brings a full 240v into your RV and will damage beyhond repair any and all electronics including your microwave, stereo system(s), Converter/Charger and anything else that is expecting 110v.

The proper way to connect a 50Amp RV supply to a 50Amp Welder outlet is to have a dog-bone that bridges the GROUND and the NEUTRAL wires, NOT THE TWO HOT LEADS.

I speak from very expensive experience. Turning on the breaker immediately destroyed my Charger/Converter, killed my microwave/convection oven, burned out the 110v heater element in my hot water system and blew every 110v lamp that was turned on.

The total amount of damage is well beyond $1500."

Pretty much explains what happened in your case.
I guess that I didn't get down to the reviews

I seem to forget the reviews---looks like I need to tattoo "read reviews on my arm

Would the inverter be damaged as well????

So far the only thing that I see that is connected to the inverter is the frig and maybe the tv/stereo. All of those items are working okay but the outlets that they are normally plugged into do not have any power when the generator was running.

The inverter is a Xantrex Pro XM1800.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum