Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2017, 08:52 PM   #4
thutchis

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 27K
State: Oregon
THOR #7634
Wiring Cleanup

When we were doing the pre delivery inspection with a technician from CW I was appalled by the poor quality of the wiring installation where it was visible in the lower equipment and storage compartments.

Our CW technician was formally a Navy crew lead on FA-18 aircraft maintenance. I remarked to her "would the Navy accept this standard of craftsmanship on its aircraft"?. She said no they wouldn't. I have said before, "thank god Thor doesn't make aircraft.

Anyway, rant off, and now to get down to making Thor's mess better. First off, the rear passenger storage compartment had this sensor mounted to the ceiling which I think is a level sensor for the leveling system. The wires were just dangling down waiting for something to catch on them and rip them and the sensor off. So I zip tied the loose wires together and secured them to the side wall with Cable Tie Saddles
Click image for larger version

Name:	Rear_Compart.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	859.9 KB
ID:	6125

I love these cable tie saddles, you attach them with a small screw in the middle and they are very secure. I use them every where to tie things up with zip ties. Just be careful you don't screw into a tank or use too long a screw and penetrate something critical.

With that taken care of, on to the wet bay where there were wires dangling and laying everywhere. A few zip ties and saddles later, everything is secure on the back wall and out of the way of being damaged by sewer hoses etc.

Name:	Wet_Bay1.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	885.5 KB
ID:	6126

Name:	Wet_Bay2.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	907.7 KB
ID:	6127

And I put the wires to the pump inside a plastic loom cover and secured to the floor.

Name:	Wet_Bay3.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	918.7 KB
ID:	6128

Enough for today. Lots more loose and dangling wires to deal with another day. Thanks Thor
2015 Thor Windsport 27K
thutchis is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum