Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2017, 02:38 AM   #1147
mckenzy

Brand: Still Looking
State: Massachusetts
THOR #8001
That heavy tabletop can be completely transformed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfmurph View Post
Good option, tcshr5! That way, I could be on the laptop, while hubby puts his feet up on a folding ottoman.
I'm planning to buy a 24.1 in January. I'm not thrilled with the lack of counters in kitchen. I came up with an excellent idea.

The table top is way too heavy to install and take down all the time, so that will go into storage. I'll get a wood tabletop made to take its place BUT I will cut it in half so there's a separate top on each pole. I'll get some new poles that are higher, counter level. That way I can turn right around from the sink and have a counter behind me. Or I can change the one on the right using the original pole giving 2 different heights. OR, remove that one entirely and put an ottoman in front of the sofa to watch tv. Maybe shorter poles to make a coffee table height for lounging on the sofa?

How about making the wood top on the left go square to the wall thus gaining more counter space! Won't be able to walk around to the sofa on that end but who cares? Can put a trashcan underneath it there too. Can still use the original poles together for a regular dining table too.

All of a sudden a lighter weight wood tabletop cut in half gives you endless possibilities ....if you can get poles cut to size with the necessary pieces for each end.

I'll also get a wood top made for the cocktail table. Rectangle instead of round so it's more usable.

I'm single and will be living with my dog full-time in my new coach next year!

Have an excellent idea for the twin bed configuration too but will hold that for later.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum