Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2015, 09:35 PM   #2
Tytlfamily

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34E
State: Texas
THOR #1599
Welcome! My wife and I just bought a Hurricane 34E about 3 weeks ago. We absolutely love it, and are new to RV'ing also. We agreed to buy new for the same reason as you. We have had some minor shake down issues, but nothing that has been keeping us from using the coach.
You will see many complaints, about all coach builders it seems.....and the rule seems to be nothing happens quickly when trying to get your coach serviced! We are going to enjoy the coach for the spring summer, and then in the fall we will take it in with our list of warranty work to be done.....then if it sits in the shop 6 weeks, so be it! We purchased from Camping World, but have not had any service experience with them yet.

As far as Thor customer service....only called them one time, and they were excellent!!!!! We were stuck in a RV park 3.5 hours from home in the pouring rain yesterday morning, and as I disconnect the shore power line, the electric meter hook up at the top of the post shot sparks and started smoking! Oh well, called the RV park office to let them know , but we were leaving anyway. Well I get in the coach, and can't get the jacks up, or start the generator....called Thor service and gave them all my symptoms, and what had happened. We checked some things, but he realized all the things that did not work had a direct battery connection. He sent me out to the battery compartment to check 3 breakers I did not know existed One of them had popped apparently because of the power surge from the shorting shore power connection. Reset that, and all was well. Before I thought about calling Thor, I called Goodsam roadside assist, and they were sending a mobile RV tech to come help us. The Thor rep even emailed me the battery schematics to show the tech since he suspected one of those breakers.

Sorry so long, but basically, our experience, while not trouble free, has been fun and the learning curve is steep!!

Issues that will need warranty work:
Electric only side of water heater does not work (gas works great)
Electric awning does not work (know issue upon deliver, parts on order)
Furnace works great, but only one fan speed, there is a high, and low setting but no difference between the two speeds that I can determine

small thing we are fixing:
door adjustments
sliding door fell off track
entrance door needed latching adjust
and just little things like you would fix around the house.,

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum